This Toolkit is an ongoing project and will see additions and revisions as Geometry Nodes develops. Current version (v1.0 LTS) is made for Blender 2.93. Ensure you're in at least 2.93. I will keep supporting this 1.0 release alongside a branch I will add nodes for Blender 3.x with it's new nodes.
The Toolkit contains more advanced tools created for Geometry Nodes workflows. For v0.1, the primary focus of the Toolkit was on camera culling and LOD tools. Since v0.2 we can also generate points procedurally so there are a lot of new nodes to provide advanced arrays and instancing.
With the v1.0 update we are now shipping as a "proper" addon.
Camera Culling allows us to automatically optimise an instance-heavy scene as we can restrict instances only to the area within view of the camera.
LODs (Levels of Detail) allow us to further optimise a scene by reducing the visual fidelity of distant meshes. The LOD tools in this pack give controls over distance limits for different LOD meshes.
The generator nodes first introduced in v0.2 allow for much more complex positioning of instances which we can push into areas such as architectural form finding and motion graphics.
Instructions on installation, explanations of all the node sockets and examples of use can be found in the documentation.
- Minor fix for culling when the instancer object is translated - no longer offsets the culling region.
- Changed Invert and Extend to Camera? inputs from float to boolean.
- Minor for LOD node when the instancer object is translated - no longer offsets the LOD distance.
- v0.2 update! 21 new nodes added and node naming convention changed to ETK_ prefix.
- Existing nodes streamlined and updated.
- v0.2.2 minor update. Updated generator nodes to accommodate the updated Primitve Nodes - effects BRICK STRAIGHT and BRICK ARC.
- Added Fac ouputs to all generators. Documentation isn't updated but the Fac should be clear what it refers to on each node, outputs a 0-1 range.
- v0.3 update! Added a further 9 node groups and updated many of the existing groups.
- Updated the documentation to cover all changes since v0.2 and provide an additional use example.
- v1.0 LTS update! Added a further 8 node groups and created a proper addon to import nodes via menu categories.
- Updated the PHYLLOTAXIS node so that the expand value no longer alters the radius.
- Updated the documentation.
v1.1 LTS update. Addon has changed to no longer append ALL nodes to all files. Now nodes are called only as added by the user.
Brick Wall nodes are both updated to fix spacing.
The nodegroups and the included addon are licensed as GNU GPL - the same license as Blender uses.